Cristiano Ronaldo has denied the rape allegations made against him by an American woman, saying he has a "clear conscience".
Las Vegas police this week said they were reopening a case filed on that date but did not identify the victim or the alleged perpetrator by name.
"Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in".
"What they said today, fake - fake news", the 33-year-old star of the Portuguese national football team said in a post that was later deleted.
"The psychological trauma of the sexual assault, the fear of public humiliation and retaliation and the reiteration of those fears by law enforcement and medical providers left plaintiff terrified and unable to act or advocate for herself", the lawsuit claims.
She is now trying to overturn that non-disclosure agreement with her lawyer confirming papers had been filed at Clark County District Court in Nevada.
"They wanna promote by my name, it's normal".
Mayorga says she refused and wanted to leave - but Ronaldo "pulled [her] into a bedroom and onto a bed and attempted to engage in sexual intercourse". "Yeah, but it's part of the job, I'm a happy man, and all good".
UEFA Champions League Report: Manchester United v Valencia 02 October 2018
Hoffenheim were left on one point with Lyon , on three points, hosting Shakhtar Donetsk later on Tuesday. They are certainly a team in form and are playing at home - it will certainly be a hard game for us.
Zidane's surprising phone call to Man United coach Mourinho
They are 14th in La Liga with just one win in their opening seven games but have only lost once. Everybody in the club has a role to play, from the kit man and the nutritionist to the manager.
China’s missing X-Men actress Fan Bingbing: What happened
After the news started spreading, Bingbing posted an apology on Weibo. "Here, I sincerely apologize to everyone". I would really like to ask for everyone's forgiveness.
Ronaldo offered her clothing and then followed her into a toilet where she was going to change clothes, it said.
The lawsuit contends that Ronaldo met Mayorga at a Las Vegas nightclub in June 2009 and the next night invited a group of people, including Mayorga, back to the penthouse suite where he was staying.
It said the assault had left her with "severe emotional and bodily injuries" and "major depression".
After the attack, Ronaldo allegedly apologised, 'stating he was sorry, he was usually a gentleman'.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said that because the investigation is open, the department would not make public the report that Mayorga filed the day of the alleged attack.
Lawyers for Ronaldo, one of the world's best-known athletes, on Friday threatened to sue a German magazine that published the accusation. On Tuesday, Mayorga's attorney, Larissa Drohobyczer, said Mayorga would not give interviews because she is "emotionally fragile". The Italian club declined to comment on the Der Spiegel report.