- The U.S. Department of Agriculture on Thursday said it was issuing a recall for more than 91,000 pounds of turkey products made by a Wisconsin company.
According to a report submitted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a person has lost his life while 164 had fallen sick due to the attack of salmonella bacterium from the consumption of raw turkey products.
While this is a major recall, the salmonella outbreak can be traced back to November 2017, and it seems that other affected products could still be on store shelves.
Those "use by" dates may seem like awhile ago.
On its website, Jennie-O says the recall affects a limited number of ground turkey tray pack products produced at one facility on one production day, and that the single code date of ground turkey that is being recalled should no longer be available in stores.
1-pound packages of "Jennie-O ITALIAN SEASONED GROUND TURKEY" with a "Use by" date of October 2, 2018.
Jimmy Graham of Green Bay Packers suffers broken thumb
He played extensively against the Rams last weekend when strong safety Bradley McDougald had to leave the game. Seattle expects Carson to be available after missing last Sunday's game with a hip injury.
Trump seeks to land blow against media in court fight with CNN
Ted Boutrous, an outside attorney representing CNN, said "This is a great day for the First Amendment and journalism". Outside the courtroom, Acosta spoke to reporters and thanked other journalists for their support in the case.
Ariana Grande cuts off her famous ponytail
Most people are totally here for the new look . "This is not just a new chapter in her life but in all of our lives". Ariana showed off her new look after celebrating her first ever no. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 list.
"Jennie-O Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey" with a "Use by" date of 10/02/2018. Those who have purchased any of the product has been advised to throw away or return it.
Symptoms can include fever, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, headache, nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite that start within 12 to 72 hours after eating contaminated product.
Children under 5, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems are more likely to have severe illness from contaminated food that could lead to hospitalization. Several meat processors and slaughterhouses also found the strain in raw turkey products.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be frozen and in consumers' freezers. Wash your hands after touching it, thaw turkeys in the refrigerator instead of on the counter, and cook turkey products thoroughly. The illness usually lasts four to seven days.
"The USDA should immediately make public which turkey producers, suppliers, and brands are involved in this outbreak - especially with Thanksgiving right around the corner", Jean Halloran, Director of Food Policy Initiatives for Consumer Reports, said in a news release statement.
Most people recover without treatment.