At least one dead, multiple injured in shooting at SF UPS Center

At least one dead, multiple injured in shooting at SF UPS Center

A gunman in a UPS uniform killed three people and wounded two others before turning his weapon on himself as police approached at a company facility in San Francisco early Wednesday, authorities said.

A gunman opened fire at a San Francisco package delivery facility on Wednesday, killing at least three people before taking his own life, according to police. An employee said the shooter was a San Francisco resident who “had it out for a manager” and had problems off the job, too.

Police officers gather outside a United Parcel Service (UPS) facility after a shooting incident was reported in San Francisco on June 14.

Police said Lam was arrested for DUI in 2010 and again in 2013. UPS spokesman Steve Gaut released a statement saying the all six of the employees were involved in a “shooting incident” but UPS was not releasing the identity of any of the victims until the police investigation is complete.

Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, located about a mile from the facility, was put on alert following the shooting.

Police were first called at 8:55 a.m. and arrived at an “active shooter situation”, Toney said.

Police urged bystanders to shelter in place and steer clear of the area by 17th and Vermont Sts., declaring the scene safe about 90 minutes later. Two firearms were recovered.

Gaut said the facility’s employees have been released from work and he believes most have left the building. According to law enforcement, the suspect killed himself with a gunshot to the head.

Chaplin said authorities don’t know at his point whether the shooter targeted victims.

UPS workers gather outside a UPS package delivery warehouse where a shooting took place. “We can not provide information as to the identity of persons involved at this time, pending the police investigation”, the statement said.

He did not know exactly how many people.

At 9:44 a.m. police were frisking UPS workers before letting them into a holding area. Chaplin said. “This person took their life because our officers confronted him”.

“I was working and suddenly I heard shots and I peeked out the window”, he said. Lam asked to be relieved of working any more overtime, but Celia stated that he had not seemed to be angry at what happened and he said he did not understand why Lam made a decision to open fire on Wednesday morning and shoot his fellow employees.

San Francisco police had a priest on site Wednesday. The multi-story building is clearly visible along highway 101 as drivers go into downtown San Francisco. “Please avoid the area, expect street closures and traffic delays #SF”, the tweet from SFPD said.